Looking for a side hustle to earn more cash?
If you have a vehicle –- whether it’s a motorcycle or a car — and you don’t mind shopping and driving around for customers, then you can get paid for delivering groceries.
In this day and age, more people are ordering their groceries online. It’s a lot more convenient and time-efficient for many.
You can take advantage of that and make good money out of it.
But how do you get paid for delivering groceries?
In this article, we’ll give you 2 of the best grocery delivery apps you can check out. You can choose to register with any of these services.
So let’s get to it!
How to Get Paid for Delivering Groceries – 2 Grocery Delivery Apps You Can Try
For a better chance of getting more bookings, we’re recommending the most used grocery delivery apps in the country. These are:
The process for delivering groceries for these services is mostly the same.
Basically, you need to sign up and complete their requirements, get bookings via the app, and cash out your earnings after a certain time frame.
But we know you have a LOT of questions about these apps, so we’ll discuss each in detail.
Instacart is a service that partners with different groceries and supermarkets. Here, every customer is partnered with a personal shopper and driver to prepare and deliver their goods.
In Instacart, there are two types of shoppers – full-service shoppers and in-store shoppers. Since you want to be both the shopper and driver, choose to become a full-service shopper upon application.
Requirements to Become an Instacart Shopper
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Have a smartphone (models iOS 9 or newer, Android 5.0 or newer)
- Have a registered and insured vehicle
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Can physically lift items up to 50 pounds
- Make sure the delivery service is located in your city
How to Apply as an Instacart Shopper
- Fulfill the Instacart requirements.
- Download the Instacart Shopper app.
- Sign up as an Instacart Shopper.
- Fill in basic information to create an account.
- Confirm your account.
- Confirm that you meet all of Instacart’s requirements.
- Choose your shopper role (Select “Shop and Drive”).
- Fill in the questionnaire form.
- Take photos of your driver’s license and upload them.
- Wait for Instacart to update you on the application.
- If accepted, receive your Instacart debit card.
How Long Does the Instacart Application Process Take?
The entire application usually takes up to 10 business days.
How Much Can I Earn from Instacart?
Depending on several factors, shoppers can earn from $10 to $20 for every grocery delivery. If you deliver more groceries in a day, then you’ll earn even more. Plus, you can get extra earnings from tips.
When Can I Cash Out My Earnings with Instacart?
Usually, Instacart will pay you every Wednesday through Stripe or a check. However, they have an Instant Cashout feature that will allow you to get your earnings right after you’ve marked an order as delivered.
Shipt, just like Instacart, is one of the most reliable grocery delivery services available. The biggest retailers they’re partners with are CVS, Target, HEB, and Petco.
With Shipt, you can be either a shopper or a driver.
A shopper goes to the designated retailer, picks up the order, and then delivers the order to the customer.
On the other hand, a driver will go to a designated Target store, pick up several orders, and deliver all packages to their designated locations within their route.
Whatever you choose, the requirements for joining Shipt are the same.
Requirements to Become a Shipt Shopper or Driver
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid mailing address
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license with auto insurance
- Should own a reliable vehicle (Models from 1997 or newer. Also, it cannot be a 2-door sedan)
- Should have an insulator cooler bag
- Should be physically able to lift 45 pounds
- Should own a smartphone (iPhone iOS 10 or newer, Android 5.1 or newer)
- Be within the Shipt delivery locations
How to Apply as a Shipt Shopper or Driver
- Head over to Shipt’s site and fill out the application form.
- Wait for feedback on your web interview.
- Take the web interview and answer 3 basic questions about yourself. You can do several retakes of the video.
- Submit the interview for approval and wait up to 48 hours to learn whether or not you’ve passed.
- Once passed, download the Shipt Shopper and Driver app.
- Start taking and delivering orders!
How Much is the Average Hourly Pay in Shipt?
You can take home an average of $14 to $22 per hour. With tips, your earnings will increase. Of course, this will depend on how many deliveries you make in an hour.
When Can I Withdraw My Earnings with Shipt?
Shipt does weekly payments to their shoppers and drivers. Your earnings will directly be deposited to your account every Friday. There is no minimum withdrawal amount.
What Are the Basic Questions Asked in the Shipt Interview?
There’s a rotation of questions asked to all applicants, but here are the most common ones:
- Why do you want to work for Shipt?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- How would you message the customer to inform them that your delivery will be delayed from the initial schedule?
So how do you get paid for delivering groceries?
You apply with grocery delivery services of course!
Go over their requirements and their benefits.
See which one is better for you.
Or go with both.
Whatever the case, you can work your way to applying with them.
And from there, you can start getting paid for delivering groceries.
It’s as easy as that!
So go ahead and get started right away…
The requirements aren’t that complicated.